CrypticusMail is a secure method of sending and receiving e-mails.
The best symmetric AND asymmetric cryptography technology is used to ensure only
the intended recipient can read the e-mail.
You can import a public key from someone you would like to send
an e-mail. The password for the message will be encrypted with the imported
This way only the intended receiver can decrypt the password with his private key.
Saving you the trouble of finding a secure way of giving him the password.
The password can then be used by the recipient to decrypt the message.
Phone, text message, voice, plaintext, letter etc can all be intercepted.
Encrypting the password with the receivers public key is the safest method.
If the recipient has no public key then you can choose not to encrypt the password.
The password will then not be included in the e-mail, you must find another way
to give the password to the recipient.
CrypticusMail can do all these tasks for you just by opening a crypticus attachment in the
standard Mail app. This wil launch CrypticusMail and it will automatically
decrypt the password and message for you.
The encryption used
For the password: RSA 512, 768, 1024 or 2048 bits.
For the message : AES 128
- Generate a RSA public/private keypair.
- Share your public key with others.
- Import public keys from others (PEM and DER format).
- Import public key in form of URL or copy/paste base64 text containing the key.
- Create an encrypted message.
- E-mail an encrypted message.
- Start CrypticusMail by opening the attachment in the standard Mail app.
- Automatically decrypt received encrypted e-mails.
- Password for the message can be encrypted with public key of recipient.
- Compatible with public/private keys generated by other software (tested with OpenSSL).
- End to end security for your sensitive e-mails.